Facing Masaku

                                          Photo: That floor seems rough...

Masaku town is like a bachelor's bed sitter; small but not cramped, not fancy yet adequate, packed but still ample. From a distance, I see her surrounded by hills. Like a bachelor's house, she has all the essentials of life. Banks, supermarkets, and petrol stations.  All these are closely huddled, as though almost kissing each other. I hear she lacks water though. That is a hypothesis I’m here to confirm. Masaku doesn't notice when we get in, maybe like a shrewd spinster she's trying to get our attention by ignoring us. It doesn't matter, we are not here for her, we are here to pick Mueni and take her to prove her worth down in the rich western soils.

Mueni is mad. The anger doesn’t in any bit interfere with her amazing countenance. She was even fairer in 3D. Her eyes as lovely like always. She is sharp, brainy, and beautiful and most of all bold. If you want anything better than this…please wait until you reach heaven. She has been waiting for us for the last two hours. It's only a matter of time before we got to Masaku.
We go past Mulolongo, the small mushrooming town along Mombasa road. We talk about trailers, sand harvesting and the main activity of the girls along Mulolongo. We all get excited. When the topic turned to trailers and tires, Mwas gets excited. He is an expert here. I can’t contribute much because I had less interest in tires.

After travelling forever, we get to the end of the tarmac. There is the Machakos TTC sign board. Apparently here is the last turn where the rough road begins. Finally there it was. Masaku is hot. The sun must be shining in two’s. It was my second time here as I had visited the nearby TTC earlier. Not as an invited lecture but to pay a visit to a side chick around.  I can't seem irritated because that may kill the image I'm building. The man in an elegant suit is the boss. He shows off by adjusting his specs. That is his arena and he is king. We watch him impress the lasses. He reminds anybody who cares to listen that he has done this a million times. He is good, eloquent and always smart. He also got his wife from the neighborhood.
 Beautiful light-skinned girls of the land were the talk in the expensive cars we had travelled in. Yes, expensive was not something to compromise now that the main man of the day leaves it. Noah na Bonnie ujaluo uwakuua. John was also not left out as he kept looking at his expensive watch. Hehe…I like these men though. Most of the girls in Masaku were beautiful…actually all I saw though I hardly doubted they knew how beautiful they looked. I rolled down the window and gave the best smile out of my cat face. Poor me. They only saw the expensive BMW X5 but they didn’t see the gentleman riding in it. That was another moment to remind myself of the many Arsenal friends I have around. ’There is always a next time’

To the guys, you people were awesome, from the 'classy' Simiyu to the 'cool' Ingolo, to the amorous Chiuli couple, to the enterprising Mwas, idealistic John and of course to the easy going wing man, Erico.

Just one more thing: Masaku, we will be coming again. This time to take Mueni  in a gown!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 5

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 1

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 2