THE BEST MOTHER SOUTH OF SAHARA



Dear Mum, 
You mean the world to me. If I were to decide on the mother’s day, I would choose on today and all days that end with ‘Y’. Mum, not even these words from a poem in the early 1900s fully define who you are in my life.
Many things she gave me
Only that she grows old
Tears she shed to save me
Heart of purest gold
Eyes with love shinning
Right she will always be
 
Usually, it is said that mothers are a blessing but for me, the blessings have always come in twos. You are a testimony that indeed God created families and gave mothers a special place in the unit. You woke up the earliest and went to bed the latest. Despite the busy days you had, you always found time for your two sons. You have been a mother and more of a friend. You have been the strongest pillar that has propped my life. I know I’ve been stubborn but you never gave up on me. I disappointed you on several occasions but you still smiled and called me your lovely son. Mummy, you deserve a lifetime award; and that will only be love and love. You have been a teacher, friend and most of all a mentor. Your industrious culture is the trend I have loved to follow. All that I am and what I desire to be come from the passion, the love, the humor and dedication that I’ve experienced. Your all time humor always gave us a reason to smile all the time we were in your company. Daily phone calls to me all filled with “baba unaendeleaje? Umekula...?” made the long geographical distance between us seem short. Sundays would never pass without you asking “ulienda kanisani?” These words pulled me closer to the church especially when I recall those days you guided me through catechism and daily prayers.
You were the first teacher in my life. You began by teaching me how to walk on my twos. Latter, you guided me through my homework and made mathematics one of my best subjects. You even encouraged me to become an accountant like you! Don't worry mum,i got Ednam Ventures.However you also believed in the famous saying,spare the rod, spoil the child. That was not in vein as it instilled discipline in me that has helped me coupe with the tough and dynamic world. I will always embrace what you taught me; have fun, laugh, enjoy life, dream big and show compassion for everyone you love.
Heavenly sent mum, you gave me life but today, I give you love… love…love…
Your loving son,
Job 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 5

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 1

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 2