MY HABIBI



17th Feb 2013 was the day I met her. I was walking to the a shop downstairs to catch some political gossip with my friends Kiarie and Wambua as the electioneering period was nearing and the political clouds were slowly gathering. Kiarie was a diehard supporter of TNA though he didn't know why. His counterpart Wambua was a Wiper party supporter....maybe because he was a Kamba but all i knew is that they had little knowledge of why they supported the parties. Kiarie could only express his political stand with some bad Swahili 'Serikari ni ya digitar na rasima kamwana apewe uogosi'. A beautiful girl moved from one end to another of the balcony on the first floor of the apartments. My eyes would not resist the good looks. I swung my eyes from left to right as i watched her steady movements. Oh! She didn't notice the guy in some black jeans, tight maroon sweater complete with leather sandals. I needed an additional tool to elevate my class and catch her attention. I hurriedly rushed into the shop, bought milk, Weetabix, PK chewing gum and a newspaper that I had not planned to buy. I calmed my voice and watched every word I uttered as I knew the words might be judged against me when I finally face her. She also seemed to be affiliated to a political group that I didn't like.i liked her though. She still didn’t notice the handsome dude downstairs who expressed his opinion intelligently. How I wish she knew that was a potential Mr. Right fully for her. I went back to prepare tea that would curb the cold weather. Still tactful, I put some lovely classical music from Celine Dione’s old album that I thought would ring bells in her ears that it is mapenzi time. My aim was to catch her attention; which I tried hard enough. Our kitchen was next to theirs and one could hear another cook, whisper and even the aroma from one house could be felt in another .I prepared an omelet bunging the spoon on the pan to be heard from the neighbor as I hummed Celine Deon's song though I was clearly out of the musical keys. The aroma from the omelet was to notify her that there is a wonderful cook in the neighborhood. Mwanaume in effort was the driving force in me during that time. I rested on the couch to eat the delicious impromptu meal. I switched to DS TV to catch some recorded EPL games. Men who love football are lovable and fun to be with. I don't know how true my hypothesis was. I was up to prove it. I raised the volume and cheered aloud for her to hear but still, mm-mm.

Still, I haven't got her real name. Let’s call her Lupita. She had an average body, beautifully 
tinted skin and tall enough.at least not too short. That reminds me of my boyhood rules. Never date a short girl however beautiful she might appear. I loved the gap between her teeth most as it reminded me of my dear mum. I saw the calmness in her, the beauty and most of all the love burning in her. She can make a good girlfriend...and paharps the best mum too.I concluded.I heard a sweet voice from the neighbor's house.That was so close!It even sounded like the 'she' voice was next to me and addressing me.I peeped through a small crevix of the curtains.Wow!she was the angel i just thought of.My heart beat louder and louder as fear ran inside me.Questions like sasa hata nikipata attention yake nitamwambia nini? crossed my minds.I opened the door and called my neighbor's son.Josh...Josh...he was quick to respond and ran towards me happily.I know women like guys who make children happy.They are perceived to make great dads.I had to use this opportunity to show that i was the best potential dad south of Sahara.I lifted the child up,tickled, snuggled him and said good words to him as we laughed happily.On lifting my eyes,Lupita was there.Our eyes connected well as if we were acting some Alejandro soap opera. Her eyes were full of love.They shine with tears almost falling off.I don't know what was going on her mind but I felt the Love Force as much as she could do- it was love at first sight.That chemistry couldn't be understood by neither of us.Good moments like this should be like a mini skirt.Yes,Short enough to attract interest and long enough to communicate the message.I dashed back to the house fast as lightening to leave her in suspense.


Oh!I was not alone.Someone else from the appartments had seen the new bird around. Bruno from the fourth floor of the appartment was also interested in Lupita. He courageously came down to the first floor and announced his interests.I don't know what he said but the vibe didn't seem to work out as my actions had already swept Lupita off her feet.Okey. I had to be the one to pull her to her feet again.It was my time to make a move of do or die.This time,not in war but in love.I called a vaite,who had hosted the angel.This was in a mission to get some insight of the angel.We
 exchanged pleasantries with her as i asked who the angel was,where she works, and how long she will be staying around.She transparently told me that Lupita was an accountant a land miles way from Nairobi and would be leaving later on that day.On inquiring about her name,Vaite denied angrily in swahili though with a strong Meru accent "Wewe! hiyo maneno ya njina sitakuambia.Wacha nimuite kwako umuulize. Sawa mtu wangu?"It again sounded polite. I understood that's the tone people from that side of the country talk in. I went back to the house and lay back on the carpet anxiously waiting for a girl i had hardly met but with the usual thought in mind."ni kukatia tu"little did i know that she may turn up to be an important person in my life.The much i knew is that Tachoni men are best at this and seldom loose in this game.I dint have to compose lyrics since i knew i would win her heart provided she gave me audience. 



To be continued ...



Click HERE to follow Samwana on Twitter
Click HERE to add Samwana on Facebook

Click HERE to visit our website and leave a comment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 5

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 1

Diary of a Side Chick - Makhwapheni Episode 2